What is the best thing you want to get from your first car? Of course, everyone wants to get a car that is comfortable to ride. Therefore, when you find the Best First Car to Buy before you finish the transaction, you need to try it. Drive it around and find whether it is a perfect choice for your first car. While you driving, there are several things you need to do to find more about the car.
- The clutch – the first thing to test is the clutch. Try to find its biting point. The best result is it bites when you engage it just a little But, when it doesn’t, it means the clutch is broken. You need to repair and replace it. This can become another expense you need to pay. So, avoid the car with this kind of problem.
- Car performance – If you drive a lot before, you can easily detect whether the car has a good performance. Check out the acceleration. Find out, if it has noise or uncomfortable vibration when you drive it. test it in the corner and feel whether the car can run in it smoothly.
- Drive it at high speed – try to drive it at over 60 mph speed. A good car won’t show you any problem, such as vibration and difficult to control.
- Gear shifts – Try all gears. And, feel it when you shift the gear, whether there is a problem, like vibration, noise or difficulty to shift.
- Brakes – test the brakes as well. This is important due to its important role in car safety performance. Find out how responsive the brake system is. Try it at both, low and high speed, to see if it can perform well. And, find out when you hit the brake if the car is pulled to one side or not. The good condition if the car isn’t pulled to any side.
- Steering wheel – find out whether the steering wheel vibrates when you use it. Vibration means bad sign. The steering wheel must be smooth and easy to spin.
Those are 6 important things to test for your first car. Having a car that can give you good results for those six is a good thing. You save more money for your first car. More importantly, the Best First Car to Buy will give you the car that is comfortable and safe to ride.